Daniel Hochhauser is a Kathleen Ferrier professor and consultant medical oncologist. Following postgraduate medical training in London and Oxford, he was awarded a DPhil at the Institute of Molecular Medicine in Oxford. Subsequently he completed specialist training at the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center in New York before appointment as a consultant and senior lecturer in 1996.
- Early phase clinical studies
- Clinical trials in gastrointestinal cancer
- Liccardi G, Hartley JA, Hochhauser D. EGFR Nuclear Translocation Modulates DNA Repair following Cisplatin and Ionizing Radiation Treatment. Cancer Res. 2011 71(3):1103-14.
- Turner NC, Strauss SJ, Sarker D, Gillmore R, Kirkwood A, Hackshaw A, Papadopoulou A, Bell J, Kayani I, Toumpanakis C, Grillo F, Mayer A, Hochhauser D, Begent RH, Caplin ME, Meyer T Chemotherapy with 5-fluorouracil, cisplatin and streptozocin for neuroendocrine tumours. .Br J Cancer. 2010 102(7):1106-12
- Boone JJ, Bhosle J, Tilby MJ, Hartley JA, Hochhauser D. Involvement of the HER2 pathway in repair of DNA damage produced by chemotherapeutic agents. Mol Cancer Ther. 2009 8(11):3015-23
- Hochhauser D, Meyer T, Spanswick VJ, Wu J, Clingen PH, Loadman P, Cobb M, Gumbrell L, Begent RH, Hartley JA, Jodrell D.Phase I study of sequence-selective minor groove DNA binding agent SJG-136 in patients with advanced solid tumors. Clin Cancer Res. 2009 15(6):2140-7
- Bajwa A, Blunt N, Vyas S, Suliman I, Bridgewater J, Hochhauser D, Ledermann JA, O'Bichere A. Primary tumour resection and survival in the palliative management of metastatic colorectal cancer. Eur J Surg Oncol. 2009 35(2):164-7
- Kotecha M, Kluza J, Wells G, O'Hare CC, Forni C, Mantovani R, Howard PW, Morris P, Thurston DE, Hartley JA, Hochhauser D.Inhibition of DNA binding of the NF-Y transcription factor by the pyrrolobenzodiazepine-polyamide conjugate GWL-78. Mol Cancer Ther. 2008 7(5):1319-28.
- Hochhauser D, Kotecha M, O'hare C, Morris PJ, Hartley JM, Taherbhai Z, Harris D, Forni C, Mantovani R, Lee M, Hartley JA.Modulation of topoisomerase IIalpha expression by a DNA sequence-specific polyamide. Mol Cancer Ther. 2007 6(1):346-54.
- Friedmann BJ, Caplin M, Savic B, Shah T, Lord CJ, Ashworth A, Hartley JA, Hochhauser D.Interaction of the epidermal growth factor receptor and the DNA-dependent protein kinase pathway following gefitinib treatment. Mol Cancer Ther. 2006 ;5(2):209-18.