Peter Hindmarsh is consultant in paediatric endocrinology and diabetes at University College London Hospitals.
- Adrenal disorders
- Diabetes and intensive insulin therapies
- Charmandari E, Johnston A, Brook CGD, Hindmarsh PC. Bioavailability of oral hydrocortisone in patients with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency. J Endocr 2001; 169: 65-70.
- Charmandari E, Hindmarsh PC, Johnston A, Brook CGD. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency: Alterations in cortisol pharmacokinetics at puberty. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 86: 2701-8.
- Charmandari E, Lichtarowicz-Krynska EJ, Hindmarsh PC, Johnston A, Aynsley-Green A, Brook CGD. Congenital adrenal hyperplasia: management during critical illness. Arch Dis Child 2001; 85: 26-8.
- Charmandari E, Pincus SM, Matthews DR, Dennison E, Fall CHD, Hindmarsh PC. Joint growth hormone and cortisol spontaneous secretion is more asynchronous in older females than in their male counterparts. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 86: 3393-9.
- Charmandari E, Matthews DR, Johnston A, Brook CGD, Hindmarsh PC. Serum cortisol and 17 hydroxyprogesterone interrelation in classic 21-hydroxylase deficiency: Is current replacement therapy satisfactory? J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2001; 86: 4679-85.
- Charmandari E, Pincus SM, Matthews DR, Johnston A, Brook CGD, Hindmarsh PC. Oral hydrocortisone administration in children leads to more synchronous joint GH and cortisol secretion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab 2002; 87: 2238-44.
- Roche EF, Charmandari E, Dattani MT, Hindmarsh PC. Blood Pressure in Children and Adolescents with Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia (21-hydroxylase deficiency): a preliminary report. Clin Endocrinol 2003; 58: 589-96.
- Charmandari E, Pincus SM, Matthews DR, Johnston A, Brook CGD, Hindmarsh PC. Sexual Dimorphism in the Synchrony of Joint Growth Hormone and Cortisol Dynamics in Children with Classic 21hydroxylase Deficiency. J Pediatr Endoc Metab 2003; 16: 111930.
- Bryan SM, Honour JW, Hindmarsh PC.Management of altered hydrocortisone pharmacokinetics in a boy with congenital adrenal hyperplasia using a continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone infusion. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2009; 94: 3477-3480.
- Hindmarsh PC.Management of the child with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Best Pract Res Clin Endocrinol Metab 2009; 23: 193-208.Khalid JM, Oerton JM, Dezateux C, Hindmarsh PC, Kelnar CJ, Knowles RL.Incidence and clinical features of congenital adrenal hyperplasia in Great Britain. Arch Dis Child. 2012; 97: 101-6.
- Krone N, Reisch N, Idkowiak J, Dhir V, Ivison HE, Hughes BA, Rose IT, O'Neil DM, Vijzelaar R, Smith MJ, Macdonald F, Cole TR, Adolphs N, Barton JS, Blair EM, Braddock SR, Collins F, Cragun DL, Dattani MT, Day R, Dougan S, Feist M, Gottschalk ME, Gregory JW, Haim M, Harrison R, Haskins Olney A, Hauffa BP, Hindmarsh PC, Hopkin RJ, Jira PE, Kempers M, Kerstens MN, Khalifa MM, Köhler B, Maiter D, Nielsen S, O'Riordan SM, Roth CL, Shane KP, Silink M, Stikkelbroeck NM, Sweeney E, Szarras-Czapnik M, Waterson JR, Williamson L, Hartmann MF, Taylor NF, Wudy SA, Malunowicz EM, Shackleton CH, Arlt W.Genotype-Phenotype Analysis in Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia due to P450 Oxidoreductase Deficiency. J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2012; 97: E257-67.
- Peters CJ, Hill N, Dattani MT, Charmandari E, Matthews DR, Hindmarsh PC.Deconvolution Analysis Of 24h Serum Cortisol Profiles Informs The Amount And Distribution Of Hydrocortsione Replacement Therapy. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2013; 78: 347-51.
- Knowles RL, Khalid JM, Oerton JM, Hindmarsh PC, Kelnar CJ, Dezateux C.Late clinical presentation of congenital adrenal hyperplasia in older children: findings from national paediatric surveillance. Arch Dis Child 2014; 99: 30-4.
- Subbarayan A, Dattani MT, Peters CJ, Hindmarsh PC.Cardiovascular risk factors in children and adolescents with congenital adrenal hyperplasia due to 21-hydroxylase deficiency. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2014; 80: 471-7
- Hindmarsh PC. The child with difficult to control Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia: is there a place for continuous subcutaneous hydrocortisone therapy. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2014; 81: 15-8.
- Hindmarsh PC, Charmandari E.Variation in Absorption and Half-life of Hydrocortisone Influence Plasma Cortisol Concentrations. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2015; 82: 557-61.
- Krone N, Webb EA, Hindmarsh PC.Keeping the pressure on mineralocorticoid replacement in congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2015; 82: 478-80.
- Maccabee-Ryaboy N, Thomas W, Kyllo J, Lteif A, Petryk A, Gonzalez-Bolanos MT, Hindmarsh PC, Sarafoglou K.Hypertension in children with congenital adrenal hyperplasia. Clin Endocrinol (Oxf). 2016; 85: 528-34.