Qualifications : MBBS, MD,DM (Neurorad),FRCR, CESR ( Neurorad)
Dr.Chandrashekar has 20 years of experience in neuroradiology. He holds post-doctoral qualifications and specialist registration in neuroradiology and is fellowship trained in diagnostic and interventional neuroradiology from India, Switzerland and UK. He is a consultant at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery and Moorfields Eye Hospital.
His clinical expertise in adult diagnostic neuroradiology covers general and subspecialties in neurology and neurosurgery. His current interests include neuroinfections and inflammation, epilepsy, plexus imaging and contribute to neuro-otology, neuro-ophthalmology and neurohaematology services. He also has special expertise in Transcranial Doppler and MR Spectroscopy.
His academic contributions include book chapters and publications in peer-reviewed journals. He is a teaching faculty for the advanced MSc courses conducted by UCL and at national and international conferences. He has been a contributor to the examinations conducted by the Royal and European College of Radiologists.
Imaging of plexus, transcranial doppler
- A case of limbic encephalitis associated with asymptomatic COVID-19 infection. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2020 Jul 13:jnnp 2020-323839. doi: 10.1136/jnnp-2020-323839. Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32661082.
- The emerging spectrum of COVID-19 neurology: clinical, radiological and laboratory findings. Brain. 2020 Jul 8 doi: 10.1093/brain/awaa240.Epub ahead of print. PMID: 32637987; PMCID: PMC7454352.
- Prevalence of MRI abnormalities in people with epilepsy in rural China. Neurology. 2020 Sep 1;95(9):e1236-e1243. doi: 10.1212/WNL.0000000000010171.
- Learning to see the invisible: A data-driven approach to finding the underlying patterns of abnormality in visually normal brain magnetic resonance images in patients with temporal lobe epilepsy. Epilepsia. 2019 ;60(12):2499-2507.
- Incidental findings on brain imaging and blood tests: results from the first phase of Insight 46, a prospective observational substudy of the 1946 British birth cohort. BMJ Open. 2019 31;9(7):e029502.
- Frequent central nervous system, pachymeningeal and plexus MRI changes in POEMS syndrome. J Neurol. 2019 May;266(5):1067-1072.
- CNS phenotype in X linked Charcot- Marie-Tooth disease. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2019 Sep;90(9):1068.
- Can compressive thoracic cord lesions cause a pure lower motor neurone syndrome? Pract Neurol. 2019 Feb;19(1):72-74.
- Validation of Patient-Specific Cerebral Blood Flow Simulation Using Transcranial Doppler Measurements. Front Physiol. 2018 Jun 19;9:721.
- Pathology-MRI Correlations in Diffuse Low-Grade Epilepsy Associated Tumors. J Neuropathol Exp Neurol. 2017 Dec 1;76(12):1023-1033.
- Peripheral neuropathy in complex inherited diseases: an approach to diagnosis. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2017 Oct;88(10):846-863.
- Hearing Characteristics of Stroke Patients: Prevalence and Characteristics of Hearing Impairment and Auditory Processing Disorders in Stroke Patients. J Am Acad Audiol. 2017 Jun;28(6):491-505.
- Study protocol: Insight 46 - a neuroscience sub-study of the MRC National Survey of Health and Development. BMC Neurol. 2017 Apr 18;17(1):75.
- Early lipofuscin accumulation in frontal lobe epilepsy. Ann Neurol. 2016 Dec;80(6):882-895.
- Auditory rehabilitation after stroke: treatment of auditory processing disorders in stroke patients with personal frequency-modulated (FM) systems. Disabil Rehabil. 2017 Mar;39(6):586-593.
- Venous infarction mimicking a neoplasm in spontaneous intracranial hypotension: an unusual cause of Parinaud's syndrome. J Surg Case Rep. 2016 Mar 17;2016(3):rjw037.
- Cervical spinal cord compression complicating the clinical course of Charcot-Marie-Tooth type 1. BMJ Case Rep. 2015 Dec 17;2015:bcr2015213486.
- Cross-sectional study of unexplained white matter lesions in HIV positive individuals undergoing brain magnetic resonance imaging. AIDS Patient Care STDS. 2014 Jul;28(7):341-9.
- Imaging of parasitic infections of the central nervous system. Handb Clin Neurol. 2013;114:37-64.
- Movement disorders in adult patients with classical galactosemia. Mov Disord. 2013 Jun;28(6):804-10.
- Atypical parkinsonism and cerebrotendinous xanthomatosis:report
- of a family with corticobasal syndrome and a literature review. Mov Disord. 2012 Dec;27(14):1769-74.
- What lies beyond plain sight. Arch Neurol. 2012 Apr;69(4):538-40.
- Cervical dystonia and joint hypermobility syndrome: a dangerous combination. Mov Disord. 2012 Feb;27(2):203-4.
- Cranial nerve, spinal root and plexus hypertrophy in chronic inflammatory demyelinating polyneuropathy. Pract Neurol. 2012 Feb;12(1):68-9.
- Chronic immune sensory polyradiculopathy with cranial and peripheral nerve involvement. J Neurol. 2012 Jun;259(6):1238-40.
- An ITPR1 gene deletion causes spinocerebellar ataxia 15/16: a genetic, clinical and radiological description. Mov Disord. 2010 Oct 15;25(13):2176-82.
- Stability of ruptured intracranial aneurysms treated with detachable coils: is delayed follow-up angiography warranted? Br J Neurosurg. 2010 Aug;24(4):405-9.
- Angiography and selective microcatheter embolization of a falcine meningioma supplied by the artery of Davidoff and Schechter. Case report. J Neurosurg. 2011 Mar;114(3):710-3.
- Intracranial metastatic mucinous adenocarcinoma with characteristic features on diffusion-weighted imaging and in vivo magnetic resonance spectroscopy. Australas Radiol. 2004 Jun;48(2):129-32.
- Pyruvate: an in vivo marker of cestodal infestation of the human brain on proton MR spectroscopy. J Magn Reson Imaging. 2003 Dec;18(6):675-80.