David Graham is a consultant gastroenterologist at University College Hospital, London. He trained at St Bartholomew’s and the Royal London Medical School and completed gastroenterology training in North East London. He undertook a PhD at UCL on the early detection of oesophageal cancer through utilisation of salivary 'liquid biopsies' and artificial intelligence analysis of patient data.
He has a specialist interest in Barrett’s oesophagus, oesophago-gastric cancer, endoscopic imaging technologies and interventional endoscopy. Additionally, he was part of the expert committee devising the BSG guidelines for the management of the pre-malignant and early malignant lesions of the stomach and is part of international research collaborations aiming to improve the early detection of these lesions. Finally, David has a keen interest in endoscopy training and has helped run many live endoscopy courses at UCH.
Barrett's oesophagus, oesophageal and gastric cancer, pre-malignant lesions of the stomach (atrophic gastritis and intestinal metaplasia), endoscopic imaging technologies, interventional endoscopic therapies, early cancer detection
- David Graham et al. Risk of lymph node metastases in patients with T1b oesophageal adenocarcinoma. A retrospective single centre experience. World J Gastroenterol. 2018 Nov 7;24(41): 4698-4707
- PGP-UK Consortium. Personal Genome Project UK (PGP-UK): a research and citizen science hybrid project in support of personalised medicine. BMC Med Genomics 2018;11:108
- Puccio I et al. Immunohistochemical assessment of Survivin and BCL3 expression as potential biomarkers for NF-kB activation in the Barrett’s metaplasia-dysplasia-adenocarcinoma sequence. Int J Exp Path. Doi: 10.1111/iep.12260
- William Waddingham et al. The evolving role of endoscopy in the diagnosis of premalignant gastric lesions. F1000 Research, June 2018. doi: 10.12688/f1000research.12087.1
- Sanagapalli S et al. Impaired motility in Barrett’s esophagus: A study using high-resolution manometry with physiologic challenge. Neurogastroenterol Motil. 2018 Mar 15. Doi: 10.1111/nmo.13330
- Graham D et al. Monitoring the pre-malignant potential of Barrett’s Oesophagus. Frontline Gastroenterology. 2016. Oct; 7(4): p316-322
- Graham D, Lipman G, Sehgal V, Lovat L. Monitoring the pre-malignant potential of Barrett’s Oesophagus. Frontline Gastroenterology. 2016. Oct; 7(4): p316-322
- Graham DG, Banks MR. Advances in upper gastrointestinal endoscopy. F1000. 2015. doi: 10.12688/f1000research.6961.1
- Puccio I, Khan S, Butt A, Graham D….Hamoudi RA. Bcl3 and Survivin expression as potential biomarkers for NF-?B activation in the Barrett’s metaplasia-dysplasia-adenocarcinoma. Int J Exp Pathol. 2018 Feb 23
- Haidry R, Graham D, Butt A, Lovat L. 2015. Advances in diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy. Medicine. 2015. Volume 43, Issue 6, Pages 334–340
- Kohoutova D, Haidry R, Banks M, Bown S, Sehgal V, Butt MA, Graham D, Thorpe S, Novelli M, Rodriguez-Justo M, Lovat L. 2015. Esophageal neoplasia arising from subsquamous buried glands after an apparently successful photodynamic therapy or radiofrequency ablation for Barrett's associated neoplasia. Scand J Gastroenterol. 2015; 50(11): p1315-21
- Haidry RJ, Lipman G, Banks MR…..Graham D…..Novelli M, Lovat LB. 2015. Comparing endoscopic outcomes of patients with intramucosal carcinoma and high grade dysplasia arising in Barrett’s Oesophagus: Experience from the United Kingdom registry. Endoscopy. 2015; 47(11): 980-987