Dr Paul Humphries undertook general radiological training at UCLH and the Middlesex Hospital 2001-2005 before sub-specializing in paediatric radiology, with a fellowship at Great Ormond Street Hospital 2005-2006. He was appointed as consultant paediatric radiologist at UCLH 2006 since which time he has developed the paediatric imaging service, notably with the introduction of whole body MRI techniques to image paediatric tumours. Since 2011 he has been jointly appointed between University College London Hospital and Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children.
Paediatric oncology imaging
Functional MRI techniques in body imaging
- Chouhan M, Cuckow P, Humphries PD. Utility of diffusion-weighted imaging in the presurgical diagnosis of an infected urachal cyst. Pediatr Radiol. 2010 Aug 14. [Epub ahead of print]
- Punwani S, Prakash V, Taylor SA, Bainbridge A, Bandula S, De Vita E, Olsen OE, Hain SF, Stevens N, Shankar A, Daw S, Bomanji J, Humphries PD. Early treatment response assessment in pediatric and adolescent Hodgkin lymphoma: Comparison between MR derived apparent diffusion coefficient (ADC) and PET standardized uptake value (SUV). Cancer Biomarkers - In press
- Punwani S, Taylor SA, Bainbridge A, Prakash V, Bandula S, De Vita E, Olsen OE, Hain SF, Stevens N, Daw S, Shankar A, Bomanji JB, Humphries PD. Pediatric and adolescent lymphoma: comparison of whole-body STIR half-Fourier RARE MR imaging with an enhanced PET/CT reference for initial staging. Radiology. 2010. Apr;255(1):182-90.
- Navani N, Punwani S, Humphries PD, Booth HL. Pleuro-cutaneous fistula complicating chest drain insertion for tuberculous effusion. QJM. 2009 Dec 3.
- Zerizer I, Humphries PD. Imaging 'the lost tribe': a review of adolescent cancer imaging. Part 2: imaging of complications of cancer treatment. Cancer Imaging. 2009 Nov 6;9:82-8.
- Humphries PD, Zerizer I. Imaging 'the lost tribe': a review of adolescent cancer imaging. Part 1. Cancer Imaging. 2009 Nov 6;9:70-81.
- Punwani S, Zhang J, Davies W, Greenhalgh R, Humphries PD. Paediatric CT: The effects of increasing image noise on pulmonary nodule detection. Pediatric Radiology 2008; 38(1):192-201.
- Humphries PD, Simpson J, Creighton S, Hall-Craggs MA. Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) in the assessment of congenital vaginal anomalies. Clin Rad 2008: 63(4):442-48.
- Humphries PD, Siegel M, Sebire N, Olsen Ø. Tumours in pediatric patients at diffusion weighted MR imaging: Apparent diffusion coefficient and tumor cellularity. Radiology 2007; 245(3):848-54.
- Humphries PD, Wynne C, Sebire N, Olsen Ø. Atypical Abdominal Paediatric Lymphangiomatosis: Diagnosis aided by diffusion-weighted MRI. Paediatric Radiology 2006; 36(8):857-59.
- Humphries PD, Davies G, de Bruyn R. Epstein Barr virus-associated smooth muscle tumours in a patient with an immuno-osseous dysplasia. Clin Rad Extra 2004;58(7): 55-58.
- Rennie and Robertsons textbook of Neonataology. Ed J Rennie, Elsevier, in press. Chapter 44: Neonatal Imaging. Humphries PD.
- Medical Radiology: Imaging of Gynaecological Disorders in infants and children; Ed J.Blair, A.Garden and G.Mann. Springer, in press. Chapter 3: Structural Abnormalities of the female reproductive tract. Humphries PD.
- Aids to Radiological Differential Diagnosis, 5th Edition, Elsevier, 2009. Chapter 14 - Paediatrics. Humphries PD and Calder A
- Radiotherapy in Practice - Imaging for Radiotherapy, OUP 2010. Chapter 14 - Paediatric Tumours. Humphries PD, Peters F, Gaze M.