BDS, PhD, FDS RCS (Paed Dent), HEA
- Dental anomalies
1 Bamashmous N, Cunningham SJ, Parekh S. Information seeking behaviour of dental trauma patients and their parents. Dental Traumatology 2020, https://doi.org/10.1111/edt.12581
2. Monteiro J, Tanday A, Ashley PF, Parekh S, Alamri H. Interventions for increasing acceptance of local anaesthetic in children and adolescents having dental treatment. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews 2020, Issue 2
3. Ibrahim S, Strange AP, Aguayo S, Shinawi A, Harith N, Mohamed-Ibrahim N, Siddiqui S, Parekh S, Bozec L. Phenotypic Properties of Collagen in Dentinogenesis Imperfecta Associated with Osteogenesis Imperfecta. Int J Nanomedicine. 2019 Dec 2;14:9423-9435.
4. Monteiro, J., Ashley, P.F. & Parekh, S. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent, Nov (2019). Vital bleaching for children with dental anomalies: EAPD members' survey. https://doi.org/10.1007/s40368-019-00494-w
5. Patel, A., Aghababaie, S. & Parekh, S. Hypomineralisation or hypoplasia?. Br Dent J 227, 683–686 (2019).
6. M Amlani, A Fulton & S Parekh. Vitamin D deficiency and dental defects, Mouth matters. British Association of Community Child Health News, Sept 2019
7. Ahmad AJ, Parekh S, Ashley PF. Methods of space maintenance for premature loss of a primary molar: a review. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent. 2018;19(5):311–320.
8. S Parekh & J Harris. Dental Neglect, Mouth matters. British Association of Community Child Health News, March 2018
9. M Neil, S Parekh, J Harris. Dental Trauma, Mouth matters, British Association of Community Child Health News, Dec 2017S Parekh & J Harris. Dental Caries, Mouth matters. British Association of Community Child Health News, March 2017
10. Strange AP, Aguayo S, Ahmed T, Mordan N, Stratton R, Porter SR, Parekh S, Bozec L. “Quantitative nanohistological investigation of scleroderma: an atomic force microscopy-based approach to disease characterization”. International Journal of Nanomedicine, (2017) Volume 2017:12 Pages 411—420
11. Al-Azri K, Melita LN, Strange AP, Festy F, Al-Jawad M, Cook R, Parekh S, Bozec L. "Optical coherence tomography use in the diagnosis of enamel defects," J. Biomed. Opt (2016). 21(3), 036004
12. Parekh S, Gardener C, Ashley PF, Walsh T. Intraoperative local anaesthesia for reduction of postoperative pain following general anaesthesia for dental treatment in children and adolescents. Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014 Dec 23;12:CD009742
13. Woods E, Parekh S, Evans R, Moles DR, Gill D. The dental development in patients with Aperts syndrome. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2014 Jul 9
14. Sneller J, Buchanan H, Parekh S. The impact of amelogenesis imperfecta and support needs of adolescents with AI and their parents: an exploratory study. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2014 Jan 10
15. Mustafa O, Parekh S, Ashley P, Anand P. Post-operative pain and anxiety related to dental procedures in children. Eur J Paediatr Dent. 2013 Dec;14(4):289-94
16. Parekh S, Almehateb M, Cunningham SJ. How do children with amelogenesis imperfecta feel about their teeth? Int J Paediatr Dent. 2013 Nov 27
17. Teo TKY, Ashley PF, Parekh S, J Noar. The evaluation of spontaneous space closure after the extraction of first permanent molars. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 2013 Aug;14(4):207-1
18. Kyriazidou A, Haider D, Mason C, Parekh S, Bloch-Zupan A. Case report: Macrodont mandibular second premolars, a hereditary dental anomaly.. Eur Arch Paediatr Dent 05 Jun 2013 ;14(6):411-6
19. Ashley, P. F., Parekh, S., Moles, D. R., Anand, P., & Behbehani, A. (2012). Preoperative analgesics for additional pain relief in children and adolescents having dental treatment. Cochrane Database Syst Rev, 9, CD008392
20. Ruiz-Mealin E, Parekh S, Jones S and Gill D. A radiographic study of tooth development delay in patients with dental agenesis. American Journal of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics. Am J Orthod Dentofacial Orthop. 2012 Mar;141(3):307-14.
21. Peter Hammond, Femke Hannes, Michael Suttie, Koen Devriendt, Joris Robert Vermeesch, Francesca Faravelli, Francesca Forzano, Susan Parekh, Steve Williams, Sarah T South, John C Carey, Oliver Quarrell. Fine grained facial phenotype-genotype analysis in Wolf-Hirschhorn syndrome. Eur J Hum Genet. 2012 Jan;20(1):33-40
22. Shah P, Moles DR, Parekh S, Ashley P, Siddik D. Evaluation of pediatric dentistry guidelines using the AGREE instrument. Pediatr Dent. 2011 Mar-Apr;33(2):120-9.
23. Al-Harasi S, Ashley PF, Moles DR, Parekh S, Walters V. Hypnosis for children undergoing dental treatment (Review). Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010 Aug 4;(8):CD007154. Review
24. Ashley PF, Parry J, Parekh S, Al-Chihabi M, Ryan D. Sedation for dental treatment of children in the primary care sector (UK). Br Dent J. 2010; 208(11):E21
25. Al-Habsi SA, Roberts GJ, Attari N, Parekh S. A survey of attitudes, knowledge and practice of dentists in London towards child protection. Are children receiving dental treatment at the Eastman Dental Hospital likely to be on the child protection register? Br Dent J. 2009 Feb 28;206(4).
26. Al-Namankany A, Ashley PF, Moles DR, Parekh S. Assessment of the quality of reporting of randomised clinical trials in Paediatric Dentistry Journals. IJPD 2009 Sep;19(5):318-24.
27. Roberts GJ, Parekh S, Petrie A, Lucas VS. Dental Age Assessment (DAA): a simple method for children and emerging adults. Br Dent J. 2008 Feb 23; 204(4):E7
28. Addo ME, Parekh S, Moles DR, Roberts GJ. Knowledge of dental trauma first aid (DTFA): the example of avulsed incisors in casualty departments and schools in London. Br Dent J. 2007 May 26 202(10): E27
29. Lata Lal SM, Parekh S, Mason C, Roberts GJ. The accompanying adult: authority to give consent in the UK. Int J Paediatr Dent. 2007 May; 17(3):200-4
30. S Parekh* Kyriazidou A, Bloch-Zupan A, Roberts G. Multiple pulp stones & shortened roots of unknown aetiology. Journal of Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontics 2006 Jun; 101(6): 139-42.