Miss Tamsin Greenwell has been a consultant urological surgeon with a special interest in female, reconstructive and neuro-urology since 2002. Tamsin qualified in medicine from Manchester University in 1990, and did her urological training in Brighton, Guy's and Thomas's and UCLH and The Institute of Urology.
She was awarded an MD for her research in laser tissue interactions in 2000. She has a significant interest in surgical education. She ran the UCL Diploma in Urology and MSc Urology courses and the Pan Thames Higher Surgical Training Teaching Programme from 2004 to 2012, she was the Urology Tutor at the Royal College of Surgeons of England from 2006 to 2011 and the BAUS Director of Education from 2010-2013. She was the Chair of the FNUU section of BAUS from 2016-2018 and is a member of the EAU ESGURS committee and the AUA GURS committee.
She has published over 100 papers in topics related to her clinical interests of urinary tract fistula, urethral diverticulm, male and female urethral stricture disease, male and female urinary incontinence, and urinary tract reconstruction.
Female urinary incontinence (primary and complex - stress, urge and mixed), open surgery for stress and urge urinary incontinence, sacral neuromodulation, intravesical botulinum toxin injections, urethral diverticulum, urinary tract fistula, male urinary incontinence, artificial urinary sphincter, urethral stricture disease, urethroplasty, urinary tract reconstruction
Miss Greenwell has published over 100 papers and book chapters on her areas of interest. Her most recent 10 publications are detailed below:
1. Giarenis I, Anding R, Chemansky C, Cardozo L, Greenwell TJ, Harding CK. Do we have adequate data to construct a valid algorithm for management of synthetic mid-urethral sling complications? ICI-RS 2019 NAU 2020:(); . DOI: 10.1002/nau.24299
2. Toia B, Pakzad MH, Hamid R, Greenwell T, Ockrim J. Surgical outcomes of vesicovaginal fistulae in patients with previous pelvic radiotherapy. IUJO 2020: ();1-5. DOI: 10.1007/s00192-019-04217-z.
3. How can we improve investigation, prevention and treatment for recurrent urinary tract infections - ICI-RS 2018. Harding C, Rantell A, Cardozo L, Jacobson SK, Anding R, Kirschner-Hermanns R, Greenwell T, Swamy S, Malde S, Abrams P. Neurourol Urodyn. 2019 Dec;38 Suppl 5:S90-S97
4. The Cost Effectiveness of Vaginal Versus Abdominal Repair of Vesicovaginal Fistulae. Warner R, Beardmore-Gray A, Pakzad M, Hamid R, Ockrim J, Greenwell T. Int Urogynecol J. 2019 Jul 18. doi: 10.1007/s00192-019-04015-7.
5. Bulking for Stress Urinary Incontinence in Men: A Systematic Review. Toia B, Gresty H, Pakzad M, Hamid R, Ockrim J, Greenwell T. Neurourol Urodyn. 2019;38(7):1804-1811.
6. Ureteric Reimplantation via Vaginal Route: A New Surgical Technique. Toia B, Ockrim JJ, Greenwell TJ. J Surg Case Rep. 2019 Aug 14;2019(8):rjz235. doi: 10.1093/jscr/rjz235.
7. Urethral Diverticula in Women are Associated with Increased Urethra-Sphincter Complex Volumes: A Potential Role for High-Tone Nonrelaxing Sphincter in Their Etiology? Mukhtar BMB, Solomon E, Naaseri S, Aughwane P, Pakzad M, Hamid R, Ockrim JL, Greenwell TJ. Neurourol Urodyn. 2019;38(7):1859-1865.
8. The Incidence and Outcomes of Urodynamic Stress Urinary Incontinence in Female Patients with Urethral Diverticulum. Barratt R, Malde S, Pakzad M, Hamid R, Ockrim J, Greenwell T. Neurourol Urodyn. 2019;38(7):1889-1900.
9. Incidence, Type and Management of Ureteric Injury Associated with Vesicovaginal Fistulas: Report of a Series from A Specilaized Centre. Seth J, Kiosoglous A, Pakzad M, Hamid R, Shah J, Ockrim J, Greenwell T. Int J Urol. 2019;26(7):717-723.
10. Diagnosis and Surgical Outcomes of Ectopic Ureters in Adults: A Case Series and Literature Review. Toia B, Pakzad M, Hamid R, Wood D, Greenwell T, Ockrim J.Neurourol Urodyn. 2019;38(6):1745-1750.