Mrs Prabhleen S Anand qualified in 1996. She completed an MMedSc in oral surgery from Queens University, Belfast in 1998. She was awarded a fellowship in dental surgery from the Royal College of Surgeons, England in 1999. She entered the specialist list in surgical dentistry in 2002. She sought a further specialisation in paediatric dentistry at Guy's Hospital, London and completed her specialist registrar training to be awarded a Membership in Paediatric Dentistry at the Royal College of Surgeons, England. She entered the specialist list in paediatric dentistry and got her certificate of completion of specialist training in paediatric dentistry in 2003. In 2006 she was awarded a fellowship in paediatric dentistry at the Royal College of Surgeons, England.
She is currently a consultant and honorary senior lecturer in paediatric dentistry at the Eastman Dental Hospital, UCLH. Her areas of special interest are sedation, pain control, oral surgery, trauma and general anaesthesia. She is the lead on general anaesthesia and IV sedation in the department. She also carries out private dental care for children.
- Oral surgery
- Trauma caries
- Pain management
- 'Three paediatric patients with oral self-mutilation - a report'. Singh P, Emanuel R, Parry J, Anand PS. Dent Update. 2008 May; 35(4):280-3
- 'Survival of resin retained bridgework in an adolescent population.’ G. Abou Ameira & P. Anand, International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2007; 17(Suppl.2): 1-24
- 'Sotos Syndrome with Hypodontia’ A.P.Callanan, P. Anand, EC Sheehy, International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 16(2):143-6 March 2006.
- 'Intraligamental analgesia for pain control in children having General Anaesthesia’. P. Anand, R. Wilson & E.C. Sheehy, International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 2005; 15: 394–396
- ‘Intraligamental analgesia for post-operative pain relief in children having dental extractions under general anaesthesia.’ Anand P, Wilson R, Sheehy EC , European Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, 2005 Mar; 1: 10-15.
- ‘Traumatic injuries to primary incisors – their sequelae and management.’ by P. Anand, E.C.Sheehy, International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry, 2002 Sep,12 (5) : 387.
- ‘The application of an orthopaedic mini-fixator for external fixation of the mandible’ by Mr. P. Hardee, Mr. S. B. Holmes, P. Anand, British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 2002 Jun; 40 (3) : 238-40.