Qualified in medicine in Belfast 1979; fellow of Royal College of surgeons of Edinburgh and of the College of Emergency Medicine.
Examiner for the FCEM at the CEM.
Appointed consultant in A&E in 1988 at the Royal Free Hospital.
Appointed consultant and CD to the A&E department at UCLH in 1996, currently consultant in emegency medicine.
Member of the ABIU for the admission of patients with head injuries at UCLH.
Royal Pharmaceutical Society: Advisor to the medical committee.
University of London: Honorary lecturer to the Royal College of Radiology.
- Tetanus prophylaxis, paper in BMJ 2005
- Numerous publications on the anatomy and healing of pre-tibial injuries.1995 - 2000.
- Abstracts published on head injuries.
- Case reports on olanzipine overdose and the diving reflex.
- Miscellaneous book chapters.