Joanne Collins completed her undergraduate dental training in 2001 and underwent specialist training in orthodontics at the Eastman Dental Institute and Hospital. She was awarded a Master of Science in Orthodontics by the University of London in 2007 and the Membership in Orthodontics (RCS Eng) in 2008. In addition, she was awarded the Chapman Prize by the British Orthodontic Society for her research on workforce planning. She successfully completed the Intercollegiate Specialty fellowship Examination in 2010.
In 2012, she was appointed to her current position as consultant orthodontist at the Eastman Dental Hospital.
- JM Collins, SI Chaudhry, DS Gill, SR Porter. Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia (MEN) presenting in an orthodontic patient: interprofessional diagnostic and management implications. Journal of American Dental Association 2012; 143: 1093-8
- JM Collins, T Witcher, VJ Jones, JH Noar, FB Naini. An alternative retainer for cleft patients: The “Aesthetic” retainer. The Cleft Palate-Craniofacial Journal 2010; 47: 597-599
- JM Collins, SJ Cunningham, DR Moles, J Galloway, NP Hunt. Factors which Influence Working Patterns of Orthodontists in the United Kingdom. British Dental Journal 2009; 207: E1
- JM Collins, NP Hunt, DR Moles, J Galloway, SJ Cunningham. Changes in the Gender and Ethnic balance of the United Kingdom Orthodontic Workforce. British Dental Journal 2008; 205: E11
- R Shah, JM Collins, TM Hodge, ER Laing. A national study for cross infection control: “Are we clean enough?”. British Dental Journal 2009; 207: 267-274