As the Board of a public service body, the Board meets regularly, retains full and effective control over the organisation and monitors the executive management of the Trust.
Board members have corporate responsibility for:
- establishing the strategic direction of the Trust, within the policy and funding framework laid down by Parliament
- defining annual and longer-term objectives and agreeing plans to achieve them
- overseeing the delivery of planned results by monitoring performance against agreed objectives and targets, ensuring corrective action is taken when necessary
- establishing an effective system of corporate governance
- safeguarding the public reputation of the Trust
- supporting internal and external communications and to participate in meetings with other external organisations.