- Divisional clinical director for cancer, UCLH
- Chair of Blood Cancer UK Clinical Advisory Group
- Haematology pathway director for London Cancer. Feb 2012-Jan 2014
- Lead clinician for the UCH MacMillan Cancer Centre. Aug 2011-14
- 2008, Fellow of the Royal College of Pathologists
- 2006, Fellow of the Royal College of Physicians
- Consultant haemato-oncologist at UCLH and honorary consultant at Mount Vernon Cancer Centre appointed 2002
- Haematology training: UCLH rotation including Great Ormond Street, Whittington and Mount Vernon Cancer Centre
- Medical school: Gonville and Caius College, Cambridge University and University College London 1984-1990
Dr Kirit Ardeshna specialises in treating patients with haematological malignancies. He has a particular interest in non-Hodgkin's and Hodgkin's lymphoma and is actively involved in clinical trial research.
He is a member of the National Cancer Research Institute Lymphoma Study Groups (Hodgkin’s, high grade and low grade lymphoma).
He is a medical advisor to the Lymphoma Association.
He sees patients privately as well as on the NHS.
- Favourable outcomes for high-risk diffuse large B-cell lymphoma (IPI 3-5) treated with front-line R-CODOX-M/R-IVAC chemotherapy: results of a phase 2 UK NCRI trial. McMillan AK, Phillips EH, Kirkwood AA, Barrans S, Burton C, Rule S, Patmore R, Pettengell R, Ardeshna KM, Lawrie A, Montoto S, Paneesha S, Clifton-Hadley L, Linch DC.Ann Oncol. 2020 Sep;31(9):1251-1259.
- CD19 antibody-drug conjugate therapy in DLBCL does not preclude subsequent responses to CD19-directed CAR T-cell therapy. Thapa B, Caimi PF, Ardeshna KM, Solh M, Carlo-Stella C, Kahl BS, Hamadani M.Blood Adv. 2020 Aug 25;4(16):3850-3852.
- Single-agent activity of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibition with copanlisib in patients with molecularly defined relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Georg Lenz, Eliza Hawkes, Gregor Verhoef, Corinne Haioun, Soon Thye Lim, Dae Seog Heo, Kirit Ardeshna, Geoffrey Chong, Jacob Haaber, Wei Shi, Igor Gorbatchevsky, Susanne Lippert, Florian Hiemeyer, Paolo Piraino, Georg Beckmann, Carol Peña, Viktoriya Buvaylo, Barrett H. Childs, Gilles Salles. Leukemia. Aug 2020; 34(8): 2184–2197.
- Clinical outcomes and risk factors for severe COVID-19 in patients with haematological disorders receiving chemo- or immunotherapy. Fox TA, Troy-Barnes E, Kirkwood AA, Chan WY, Day JW, Chavda SJ, Kumar EA, David K, Tomkins O, Sanchez E, Scully M, Khwaja A, Lambert J, Singer M, Roddie C, Morris EC, Yong KL, Thomson KJ, Ardeshna KM.Br J Haematol. 2020 Jul 17
- FDG-PET/CT after two cycles of R-CHOP in DLBCL predicts complete remission but has limited value in identifying patients with poor outcome - final result of a UK National Cancer Research Institute prospective study. Mikhaeel NG, Cunningham D, Counsell N, McMillan A, Radford JA, Ardeshna KM, Lawrie A, Smith P, Clifton-Hadley L, O'Doherty MJ, Barrington SF.Br J Haematol. 2020 Jul 4.
- The investigation and management of follicular lymphoma. McNamara C, Montoto S, Eyre TA, Ardeshna K, Burton C, Illidge T, Linton K, Rule S, Townsend W, Wong WL, McKay P.Br J Haematol. 2020 Jun 24.
- Prognostic indices in diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: an analysis of the UK National Cancer Research Institute R-CHOP 14 versus 21 phase 3 trial. Gleeson M, Counsell N, Cunningham D, Lawrie A, Clifton-Hadley L, Hawkes E, McMillan A, Ardeshna KM, Burton C, Chadwick N, Gambell J, Smith P, Mouncey P, Pocock C, Radford J, Davies J, Turner D, Kruger A, Johnson P, Linch D.Br J Haematol. 2020 May 20
- Treatment of classical Hodgkin lymphoma in young adults aged 18–30 years with a modified paediatric Hodgkin lymphoma protocol. Results of a multicentre phase II clinical trial (CRUK/08/012). William Townsend, Sarah Leong, Peter Hoskin, Patricia Diez, Pip Patrick, David Linch, Wai?Lup Wong, Irfan Kayani, Bal Sanghera, Andre Lopes, Stephen Daw, Graham Collins, Laura Clifton?Hadley, Kirit Ardeshna Br J Haematol. 2020 Apr;189(1):128-132.
- Single-agent activity of phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibition with copanlisib in patients with molecularly defined relapsed or refractory diffuse large B-cell lymphoma. Georg Lenz, Eliza Hawkes, Gregor Verhoef, Corinne Haioun, Soon Thye Lim, Dae Seog Heo, Kirit Ardeshna, Geoffrey Chong, Jacob Haaber, Wei Shi, Igor Gorbatchevsky, Susanne Lippert, Florian Hiemeyer, Paolo Piraino, Georg Beckmann, Carol Peña, Viktoriya Buvaylo, Barrett H. Childs, Gilles Salles. Leukemia. 2020; 34(8): 2184–2197. Published online 2020 Feb 14.
- R-GEM-Lenalidomide versus R-GEM-P as second-line treatment of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma: results of the UK NRCI phase II randomised LEGEND trial. Kühnl A, Peckitt C, Patel B, Ardeshna KM, Macheta MP, Radford J, Johnson R, Paneesha S, Barton S, Chau I, Begum R, Valeri N, Wotherspoon A, Du Y, Zerizer I, Cunningham D.Ann Hematol. 2020 Jan;99(1):105-112.
- A Phase I Study of ADCT-402 (Loncastuximab Tesirine), a Novel Pyrrolobenzodiazepine-Based Antibody-Drug Conjugate, in Relapsed/Refractory B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Kahl BS, Hamadani M, Radford J, Carlo-Stella C, Caimi P, Reid E, Feingold JM, Ardeshna KM, Solh M, Heffner LT, Ungar D, He S, Boni J, Havenith K, O'Connor OA.Clin Cancer Res. 2019 Dec 1;25(23):6986-6994.
- Patient-reported outcomes in KEYNOTE-087, a phase 2 study of pembrolizumab in patients with classical Hodgkin lymphoma.von Tresckow B, Fanale M, Ardeshna KM, Chen R, Meissner J, Morschhauser F, Moskowitz C, Zinzani PL, Giezek H, Balakumaran A, Vo TT, Raut M, Brice P. Leuk Lymphoma. 2019 Apr 23:1-7.
- DYNAMO: A Phase II Study of Duvelisib (IPI-145) in Patients With Refractory Indolent Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma. Flinn IW, Miller CB, Ardeshna KM, Tetreault S, Assouline SE, Mayer J, Merli M, Lunin SD, Pettitt AR, Nagy Z, Tournilhac O, Abou-Nassar KE, Crump M, Jacobsen ED, de Vos S, Kelly VM, Shi W, Steelman L, Le N, Weaver DT, Lustgarten S, Wagner-Johnston ND, Zinzani PL. J Clin Oncol. 2019 Apr 10;37(11):912-922.
- CHOP versus GEM-P in previously untreated patients with peripheral T-cell lymphoma (CHEMO-T): a phase 2, multicentre, randomised, open-label trial. Gleeson M, Peckitt C, To YM, Edwards L, Oates J, Wotherspoon A, Attygalle AD, Zerizer I, Sharma B, Chua S, Begum R, Chau I, Johnson P, Ardeshna KM, Hawkes EA, Macheta MP, Collins GP, Radford J, Forbes A, Hart A, Montoto S, McKay P, Benstead K, Morley N, Kalakonda N, Hasan Y, Turner D, Cunningham D. Lancet Haematol. 2018 May;5(5):e190-e200.
- Central nervous system relapse of diffuse large B-cell lymphoma in the rituximab era: results of the UK NCRI R-CHOP-14 versus 21 trial. Gleeson M, Counsell N, Cunningham D, Chadwick N, Lawrie A, Hawkes EA, McMillan A, Ardeshna KM, Jack A, Smith P, Mouncey P, Pocock C, Radford JA, Davies J, Turner D, Kruger A, Johnson P, Gambell J, Linch D.Ann Oncol. 2017 Oct 1;28(10):2511-2516.
- Outcome of elderly patients with diffuse large B-cell lymphoma treated with R-CHOP: results from the UK NCRI R-CHOP14v21 trial with combined analysis of molecular characteristics with the DSHNHL RICOVER-60 trial. Kühnl A, Cunningham D, Counsell N, Hawkes EA, Qian W, Smith P, Chadwick N, Lawrie A, Mouncey P, Jack A, Pocock C, Ardeshna KM, Radford J, McMillan A, Davies J, Turner D, Kruger A, Johnson PW, Gambell J, Rosenwald A, Ott G, Horn H, Ziepert M, Pfreundschuh M, Linch D.Ann Oncol. 2017 Jul 1;28(7):1540-1546.
- Ofatumumab Versus Rituximab Salvage Chemoimmunotherapy in Relapsed or Refractory Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma: The ORCHARRD Study. van Imhoff GW, McMillan A, Matasar MJ, Radford J, Ardeshna KM, Kuliczkowski K, Kim W, Hong X, Goerloev JS, Davies A, Barrigón MD, Ogura M, Leppä S, Fennessy M, Liao Q, van der Holt B, Lisby S, Hagenbeek A. J Clin Oncol. 2016 Dec 28:
- Remission of Follicular Lymphoma after Treatment for Hepatitis C Virus Infection. Maciocia N, O'Brien A, Ardeshna K.N Engl J Med. 2016 Oct 27;375(17):1699-1701.
- Rituximab, cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine and prednisolone (R-CHOP) in the management of primary mediastinal B-cell lymphoma: a subgroup analysis of the UK NCRI R-CHOP 14 versus 21 trial. Gleeson M, Hawkes EA, Cunningham D, Chadwick N, Counsell N, Lawrie A, Jack A, Smith P, Mouncey P, Pocock C, Ardeshna KM, Radford J, McMillan A, Davies J, Turner D, Kruger A, Johnson PW, Gambell J, Linch D. Br J Haematol. 2016 Nov;175(4):668-672.
- Haematological malignancy and critical care - new bedfellows? Parry-Jones J, Ardeshna K. Anaesthesia. 2015 Dec;70(12):1341-4.
- Adding rituximab to CODOX-M/IVAC chemotherapy in the treatment of HIV-associated Burkitt lymphoma is safe when used with concurrent combination antiretroviral therapy. Alwan F, He A, Montoto S, Kassam S, Mee M, Burns F, Edwards S, Wilson A, Tenant-Flowers M, Marcus R, Ardeshna KM, Bower M, Cwynarski K. AIDS. 2015 May 15;29(8):903-10
- Guidelines for the first line management of classical Hodgkin lymphoma. Follows GA, Ardeshna KM, Barrington SF, Culligan DJ, Hoskin PJ, Linch D, Sadullah S, Williams MV, Wimperis JZ; Br J Haematol. 2014 Jul;166(1):34-49.
- Rituximab versus a watch-and-wait approach in patients with advanced-stage, asymptomatic, non-bulky follicular lymphoma: an open-label randomised phase 3 trial. Ardeshna KM, Qian W, Smith P, Braganca N, Lowry L, Patrick P, Warden J, Stevens L, Pocock CF, Miall F, Cunningham D, Davies J, Jack A, Stephens R, Walewski J, Ferhanoglu B, Bradstock K, Linch DC. Lancet Oncol. 2014 Apr;15(4):424-35.
- Autologous stem cell transplantation for follicular lymphoma is of most benefit early in the disease course and can result in durable remissions, irrespective of prior rituximab exposure. Kothari J, Peggs KS, Bird A, Thomson KJ, Morris E, Virchis AE, Lambert J, Goldstone AH, Linch DC, Ardeshna KM Br J Haematol. 2014 May;165(3):334-40
- Guideline on the management of primary resistant and relpsed classical Hodgkin lymphoma. Collins GP, Parker AN, Pocock C, Kayani I, Sureda A, Illidge T, Ardeshna K, Linch DC, Peggs KS. Br J Haematol. 2013 Oct 1. [Epub ahead of print]
- Guideline on the prevention of secondary central nervous system lymphoma: British Committee for Standards in Haematology. McMillan A, Ardeshna KM, Cwynarski K, Lyttelton M, McKay P, Montoto S. Br J Haematol. 2013 Oct;163 p168-81.
- Rituximab plus cyclophosphamide, doxorubicin, vincristine, and prednisolone in patients with newly diagnosed diffuse large B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: a phase 3 comparison of dose intensification with 14-day versus 21-day cycles. Cunningham D, Hawkes EA, Jack A, Qian W, Smith P, Mouncey P, Pocock C, Ardeshna KM, Radford JA, McMillan A, Davies J, Turner D, Kruger A, Johnson P, Gambell J, Linch D. Lancet. 2013 May 25 381 p1817-26.
- Hotel-based ambulatory care for complex cancer patients: a review of the University College London Hospital experience. Sive J, Ardeshna KM, Cheesman S, le Grange F, Morris S, Nicholas C, Peggs K, Statham P, Goldstone AH. Leuk Lymphoma. 2012 Jun 13 [Epub ahead of print]
- Guidelines on the investigation and management of follicular lymphoma. McNamara C, Davies J, Dyer M, Hoskin P, Illidge T, Lyttelton M, Marcus R, Montoto S, Ramsay A, Wong WL, Ardeshna KM. Br J Haematol. 2012 Feb;156(4):446-67
- Use of Zidovudine and Interferon Alfa With Chemotherapy Improves Survival in Both Acute and Lymphoma Subtypes of Adult T-Cell Leukemia/Lymphoma. Hodson A, Crichton S, Montoto S, Mir N, Matutes E, Cwynarski K, Kumaran T, Ardeshna KM, Pagliuca A, Taylor GP, Fields PA.J Clin Oncol. 2011 29 p4696-71
- Facilities for the treatment of adults with haematological malignancies--'Levels of Care': BCSH Haemato-Oncology Task Force 2009. Matthey F, Parker A, Rule SA, Wimperis JZ, Ardeshna KM, Bird JM, Cullis J, Lyttelton MP, McMillan A, Jackson GH. Hematology. 2010 Apr;15 p63-9.
- Treatment for lymph node tuberculosis must be preceded by adequate pathological investigation of the lymphadenopathy. RS Sellar, EL Corbett, SD’Sa, DC Linch, K M Ardeshna, British Medical Journal 2010;340:c63
- Long term effect of a watch & wait policy versus immediate systemic treatment for asymptomatic advanced stage NHL: a randomised controlled trial. KM Ardeshna, P Smith, A Norton, BW Hancock, PJ Hoskin, KA MacLennan, RE Marcus, A Jelliffe, G Vaughan Hudson and DC Linch The Lancet 2003 362 p516-22
- The PI3-kinase, p38 SAP kinase and Nf-?B signal transduction pathways are involved in the survival and maturation of lipopolysaccharide-stimulated human monocyte-derived dendritic cells. K.M.Ardeshna, A.R.Pizzey, S.Devereux and A Khwaja. Blood 2000 96 p1039-1046