Ken Hemmings (BDS, MSc, DRDRCS, MRDRCS, FDS, RCS, ILTM, FHEA) graduated with honours in dental surgery from Bristol University in 1982. Junior hospital posts followed at Bristol, Birmingham and Torquay before gaining a registrar in oral surgery position at the Royal London Hospital. He gained his London fellowship in 1986 before entering the specialty of restorative dentistry.
While studying for a two-year MSc programme in conservative dentistry at the Eastman Dental Hospital he avoided financial destitution by working part-time as a registrar and in general dental practice. He completed senior registrar training at the Eastman in 1993. He took up a full-time consultant post in the departments of conservative dentistry and periodontology in August 1995. He is recognised by the GDC as a specialist in restorative dentistry, prosthodontics, periodontology and endodontics. He now shares his time between hospital and private practice.
- Management of tooth wear
- Tooth replacement
- Periodontal/restorative interactions
- R.J.IBBETSON, K.W.HEMMINGS and I.HARRIS (2017) British Society for Restorative Dentistry Guidelines on Crowns, Bridges and Dental Implants. Dental Update 2017; 44: 374-386
- AS KALSI, S KOCHHAR, N.J.LEWIS and K.W.HEMMINGS (2017), New Graduates' Awareness of Restorative Dentistry - A Survey, Br Dent J (2017) 222:11; 881-887.
- M.ABU-AWWAD, K.HEMMINGS , S MANNAA, D.GILL , A.B. GULAMALI , A.PETRIE. (2017), Treatment outcomes and assessment of patients’ oral health related quality of life in treated hypodontia patients. Eur J Prosthodont Restor Dent 2017 Mar :25 (1): 49-56
- G.E. BRYCE, N.D. MACBETH and K.W.HEMMINGS (2017). Immediate management of the single-unit extracted tooth in the anterior aesthetic zone- temporizing/stabilizing tissues. Dental Update 2017; 44:810-819
- K HEMMINGS (2018), Guest Editorial: BSRD 50th Anniversary, Dental Update 2018; 45; 6 :482.
- K HEMMINGS, A TRUMAN, S SHAH, R CHAUHAN (2018), Tooth Wear Guidelines for the BSRD Part 1: Aetiology, Diagnosis and Prevention, Dental Update 2018; 45; 6 :483-495
- K HEMMINGS, A TRUMAN, S SHAH, R CHAUHAN (2018), Tooth Wear Guidelines for the BSRD Part 2: Fixed Management of Tooth Wear, Dental Update 2018; 45; 7 :590-600.
- K HEMMINGS, A TRUMAN, S SHAH, R CHAUHAN (2018), Tooth Wear Guidelines for the BSRD Part 3: Removable Management of Tooth Wear, Dental Update 2018; 45; 8 :687- 696
- JS KALSI, KW HEMMINGS, SJ CUNNINGHAM (2018), Patient-Centred Care: Patient-Centred Care: How Close To This Are We?. Dental Update 2018; 45; 6 :557-568
- G BRYCE., N DIESSNER, K HEMMINGS, N MACBETH (2019), Solutions for implants placed with prosthetic inconvenience. Dental Update 2019; 46: 1003-1014.
- Kalsi JS and Hemmings KW. Dental Update 2013: 40: 698-710. British Society for Restorative Dentistry Guidelines on Crowns, Bridges and Dental Implants 2014. Revised by Richard Ibbetson, Ken Hemmings & Ian Harris. BSRD Website (2014)
- A.ALANI, M.KELLEHER, K.HEMMINGS, M.SAUNDERS, M.HUNTER,S.BARCLAY, M.ASHLEY, S.DJEMAL, K.BISHOP, U.DARBAR, P.BRIGGS, and J.FEARNE. Balancing the risks and benefits associated with cosmetic dentistry – a joint statement by UK specialist dental societies. Br Dent J (2015) 218: 543-547
- AS Kalsi, N.J.Lewis and K.W.Hemmings. Information regarding restorative dentistry for new graduates. Br Dent J (2016) 221:
- L.J.SEARSON, M.GOUGH and K.W.HEMMINGS (2005) Implantology in General dental Practice. (Quintessentials of dental Practice; 4) Quintessence Publishing Co Ltd
- J A HOBKIRK, D S GILL, S P JONES, K.W.HEMMINGS, G BASSI, A L O’DONNELL, J R GOODMAN Hypodontia - A Team Approach to Management Blackwells Publishing Company 2013