The Friends of UCLH, a Registered Charity (No 266669), was formed in April 2005 following the amalgamation of the Leagues of Friends of four major London hospitals. Its aim is to help the hospital, its patients and staff by providing facilities and amenities which are not available from the National Health Service. This covers many items which cannot otherwise be afforded.
A committee, made up of a body of up to fifteen Trustees, regularly meet to carefully consider grant requests from various wards and departments across the Trust.
In recent months, funding from the Friends has helped to provide the following:
- POD Magic shows
- The development of the "What's it all about" DVD - used to help young people and their families understand what their radiotherapy will involve
- A Cordless fetal heart monitor for the EGA Maternity Unit
- Specialist post-stroke equipment for the Neurorehabilitation Unit at the National
- Television and wall bracket for the patient waiting area at the EDH
- Art Workshops for the children’s and elderly patients wards
- An iPod dock and DAB radios for the Nuclear Medicine Unity at the Macmillan Cancer Centre
We are dependent on subscriptions, donations and legacies for our funds and encourage all patients and staff to become members at an annual membership cost of £10 minimum. Members are kept informed of events via our newsletter, which is sent out three times a year and invited to attend the AGM in November.
We are grateful to the Trust for providing the Friends with an office which we share with the Voluntary Services Department. Susan Pavlik, our Office Manager, is in the office from Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday from 9:00am - 5:00pm and is happy to help with any queries you have about the work of the Friends, grant requests, membership, fundraising etc.
For more details of the work of the Friends or if you wish to become a member, contact Susan on 020 3447 3038 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively, why not pop into the office on the Ground Floor of UCH along the corridor leading to the Cafeteria.
Thank you for your support!