This course is aimed at CNSs who are aiming to become mentors for the CNS Role Development (Explore) Programme. This course equips those in CNS roles with the knowledge and skills required to confidently deliver work-based mentorship sessions to students on the programme. Mentors are asked to provide support, guidence and reflection on a range of topics, as well as building confidence, ensuring motivation and maintaining reflective practice.
This training day will enable delegates to:
- Explain the fundamental theoretical principles of mentoring
- Build effective relationships with mentees
- Confidently guide mentees through each stage of the CNS Role Development (Explore) programme
- Offer high quality, relevant support and guidance to mentees.
Applicants must be able to commit to:
- 1 full day's training
- 5 x 30 minute telephone or face to face mentorship training lessions with 4 mentees over a 12 month period
- Supporting mentees from any trust or tumour type.
For more information please see attached programme and application form.
This course is suitable for those who have held a CNS post for a minimum 12 months, with previous mentorship or facilitation skills.
Delegates must be passionate about sharing skills, knowledge and experience.
UCH Education Centre, 250 Euston Road, London, NW1 2PG.
Please complete the attached application form and commitments agreement. The application should be counter-signed by your lead nurse and returned to cancer.