The Institute is an integral part of the National Centre for Sport & Exercise Medicine and will also house research, teaching and training in sport and exercise medicine and allied fields.
The Institute is one of three centres that currently make upan integral part of the National Centre for Sport & Exercise Medicine. and will also house research, teaching and training in sport and exercise medicine and allied fields.
Since opening in the summer of 2013 the ISEH is proud to now be offering
- Excellent clinical services to both NHS, Private and Elite Sports patients
- World class research and the capability to help a wide range of organisations
- World class education delivering an MSc in Sports Medicine, Exercise and Health and an MSc in Performing Arts Medicine as well as a number of stand-alone courses
- A range of support for sporting organisations
- Important population health initiatives including the evaluation and monitoring of the Camden ‘Active Spaces’ project, a physical activity project for young people.
The Institue has also recently been named as one of nine research centres from across the world as an International Olympic Committee (IOC) Research Centre for Prevention of Injury and Protection of Athlete Health. This accreditation, which was awarded as part of the ISEH’s role as one of the three National Centres for Sport and Exercise Medicine, was made to the ISEH alongside universities and specialist sports research centres worldwide.
The Institute is a purpose-built facility with the latest state-of-the-art equipment and includes:
- Eight consulting rooms
- 3T MR imaging
- Interventional treatment rooms
- Well equipped physiotherapy gym
Although the ISEH is a partnership facility, NHS patients treated there continue to be treated under the care of UCLH. The referral process has not changed - GPs should refer to trauma and orthopaedics as before.
For further information regarding UCLH appointments and conditions treated, please contact the pathway coordinator on 020 3447 5042 or via the ISEH page on the UCLH website or contact William Sewell , assistant general manager, on 020 3447 778 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: ISEH does accommodate for patients under 17 years old, please refer to UCLH fracture clinic.