20 September 2022
The iconic run has returned to its regular time of the year, following two years’ disruption following the pandemic and will take place on Sunday 2 October 2022.
We are lucky enough to have several people running for UCLH Charity. The money they raise will help us support patients, staff and research at UCLH.
On the starting blocks this year we have:
- Nathaniel, who was inspired to run the Marathon to say thank you to staff after being admitted to the emergency department at University College Hospital. Visit Nathaniel’s fundraising page here
- Terry, who is running and raising money to say thank you to UCLH for all their work in leading the vaccination programme at the Business Design Centre. Visit Terry’s page here
- Hannah, who is running to say thank you to the NHS and to support the work we do. Visit Hannah’s page here
- David, who works at UCLH as the Cancer Fund fundraising manager. David is running to support the Cancer Fund, the UCLH Charity fund which supports people being treated for cancer at UCLH, and the staff who look after them. Visit David’s page here
- Monette, a clinical research nurse in UCLH’s thoracic department, who is fulfilling a life-long dream of running the London Marathon. Monette said, "Running the London Marathon and to be part of it has always been a big dream of mine. Even better, I am fundraising for UCLH Charity, which means you are not just running for yourself and your bucket list, but you are running for a good cause." Read her story and donate here.
- Stuart, who is also running for the Cancer Fund to say thank you for the care the UCLH team gave to his girlfriend. Visit Stuart's page here
- Deborah, who is rolling over her place from 2020 and is running for the Cancer Fund and Debbie's Fund. Visit Deborah's page here
We would like to wish you all the very best of luck, and to say a huge thank you to you and everyone who has donated to your fundraisers, from all of us here at UCLH Charity.
We will be there on Sunday, on the sidelines cheering you on! If you’d like to get involved in future challenge events, please email email@example.com – we’d love to hear from you.