BMedSci(Hons, 2001), BMBS (Hons, 2003), MRCPCH (2006), GMC 6075784 CCT General Paediatrics with Community Child Health (2015)
Named Dr for Safeguarding Children (CNWL Camden, 2015 - present), Named Dr for Looked After Children (CNWL Camden, 2015 - present), Lead - NCL Integrated LAC Health Network for Unaccompanied Asylum-seeking Children (2016 - present), Co-lead Respond Integrated Health Service for Asylum-seeking Families (2021 - present)
- Health needs of vulnerable children including asylum seekers and refugees
- The voice of the child in paediatric safeguarding
- Sanchez-Clemente N, Eisen S, Harkensee C, Longley N, O’Grady R, Ward A Beyond Arrival: Safeguarding Unaccompanied Asylum-Seeking Children in the UK. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2022; in press (commissioned)
- Cinardo P, Farrant O, Gunn K, Ward A, Eisen S, Longley N. Screening for Neglected Tropical Diseases and other infections in refugees and asylum seeker populations in the UK: a review article. Therapeutic Advances in Infectious Disease. In press (commissioned)
- Farrant O, Eisen S, van Tulleken C, Ward A, Longley N. Why asylum seekers deserve better healthcare, and how we can give it to them. BMJ 2022; 376:n3069
- Armitage AJ, Cohen J, Heys M, Hardelid P, Ward A, Eisen S. Description and evaluation of a pathway for unaccompanied asylum-seeking children. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2022;107:456-460
- Portnoy S and Ward A. Unaccompanied asylum-seeking children and young people – Understanding their journeys towards improved physical and emotional health. Clinical Child Psychology and Psychiatry 2020 Jul;25(3):636-647.
- Williams B, Boullier M, Cricks Z, Ward A, Ronelle Naidoo, Amanda Williams, Kim Robinson, Sarah Eisen, Jonathan Cohen
- Screening for infection in unaccompanied asylum-seeking children and young people. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2020;105:530-532
- Alice Armitage, Jonnie Cohen, Sarah Eisen, Michelle Heys and Ward A. Baseline characteristics and physical, sexual and emotional health needs of a cohort of unaccompanied asylum seeking children (UASC) presenting to a London borough. Archives of Disease in Childhood 2020;105:A172
- Gonzalez-Izquierdo A, Ward A, Smith, P, Walford, C, Begent, J, Ioannou, Y. and Gilbert, R. (2014) Notifications for child safeguarding from an acute hospital in response to presentations to healthcare by parents. Child: Care, Health and Development. doi: 10.1111/cch.12134
- Brightwell A, Minson S, Ward A, Fertleman C. (2013) Returning to clinical training after maternity leave BMJ Careers http://careers.bmj.com/careers/advice/view-article.html?id=20014963
- Gonzalez-Izquierdo A, Ward A, O’Donnell M, Li L, Roposch A, Stanley F and Gilbert R Cross-country comparison of victimisation-related injury admission in children and adolescents in England and Western Australia. BMC Health Services Research 2013, 13:260 doi:10.1186/1472-6963-13-260
- Storer L, Woodward A, Parker T.L, Walker D.A (2002) Published abstract in ‘Induction of apoptosis in transformed human medulloblastoma cells by cannabinoids’ Medical and Paediatric Oncology, Volume 39, Number 4.