Dr Fionnuala Crummy is a consultant respiratory physician at UCLH and an honorary associate professor at UCL.
She graduated from the Queen's University of Belfast. She completed her training in Respiratory Medicine and General Internal Medicine in Northern Ireland. She subsequently undertook a fellowship in Sleep Medicine at the Alfred Hospital, Melbourne Australia. She was appointed as a consultant respiratory physician at UCLH in 2008. She has an interest in medical education, was awarded an MSc in Medical Education by UCL in 2019 and has held a number of educational leadership posts within UCH. She is currently the deputy head of year 4 at UCL Medical School.
- Sleep disordered breathing
- Ventilatory failure
- Crummy F, Piper AJ, Naughton MT. Obesity and the lung: 2.Obesity and sleep disordered breathing. Thorax. 2008 Aug;63(8):738-46.
- Crummy F, Naughton MT, Elborn JS. Obesity and the respiratory physician. Thorax. 2008 Jul;63(7):576-7.
- Crummy F, Cameron PA, Swann P, Kossmann T, Naughton MT. Prevalence of sleepiness in surviving drivers of motor vehicle collisions.Intern Med J. 2008 Oct;38(10):769-75. Epub 2008 May 16.
- Crummy F, Naughton MT. Non-invasive positive pressure ventilation for acute respiratory failure: justified or just hot air? Intern Med J. 2007 Feb;37(2):112-8.
- Crummy F, Buchan C, Miller B,, Toghill J, Naughton MT. The use of noninvasive mechanical ventilation in COPD with severe hypercapnic acidosis. Respir Med. 2007 Jan;101(1):53-61.
- Crummy F, Livingston M, Ardill JE, Adamson C, Ennis M, Heaney LG. Endobronchial adensoine monophosphate challenge causes tachykinin release in the human airway. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2005 Aug;116(2):312-7.
- Crummy F, Carl I, Cameron CH, Heaney LG. A possible case of pneumoconiosis in a limestone quarry worker. Occup Med (Lond). 2004 Oct;54(7):497-9.
- Crummy F, Livingston M, Ennis M, Heaney LG. Mast cell mediator release in nonasthmatic subjects after endobronchial adenosine challenge. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004 Jul;114(1):34-9.