- MBBS BSc MRCP FRCA EDIC FFICM
- Neuroanaesthesia and neurocritical care
I am a consultant in neuroanaesthesia with an interest in anaesthesia for functional neurosurgery. I am dual accredited in intensive care medicine, working on both our surgical and medical intensive care units. I am the faculty tutor for intensive care medicine and co-recruit junior doctors for our intensive care units.
Subarachnoid haemorrhage, stroke, neurointensive care
- “Outcomes and prognostic factors in patients with haematological malignancy admitted to a specialist cancer intensive care unit: a 5 yr study” G. T. Bird, P. Farquhar-Smith, T. Wigmore, M. Potter, P. C. Gruber. First author. Accepted October 2011. Br. J. Anaesth. 2012; 108(3): 452-459. doi:10.1093/bja/aer449.
- “Outcomes of Haematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Patients Admitted to the Intensive Care Unit” G Bird, P Farquhar-Smith, M Potter, T Wigmore, P Gruber. First author. Abstract Critical Care 2011;15:Supplement 1(Abstract 495).
- "Pressure ulcers in parturients” Cheesman K, Makinde S, Bird G. Co-author. Correspondence - International Journal of Obstetric Anaesthesia 2010;(19): 121-122.
- “Effectiveness of Arndt endobronchial blockers in paediatric scoliosis surgery: a case series” Bird GT, Hall M, Nel L, Davies E, Ross O. First author. Abstract - Paediatric Anaesthesia 2006; 16(17): 1298. Full publication - Paediatric Anaesthesia 2007;(17): 289-294.