Dr Peter Cowley, BA Hons Oxon, MBBS, MRCP, FRCR, is clinical lead for interventional neuroradiology NHNN, UCLH.
Previously he was departmental lead for clinical governance and spinal intervention.
Nov 2005 - Dec 2007: Pan London Neuroradiology and interventional neuroradiology sub specialty training programme.
Jan 2008 - Jan 2009: INR fellowship Perth Australia.
April 2009: Appointed consultant neuroradiologist.
Brain and spine arteriovenous malformations, intracranial and spinal dural fistulas, stroke, cerebral aneurysms, pre-operative tumour embolisation, vertebroplasty, cerebro-venous diseases, derangements of CSF dynamics and spinal pain procedures.
- Aug 2017 Revolution in acute ischaemic stroke care: a practical guide to mechanical thrombectomy. Evans M, White P, Cowley P, Werring DJ. Pract. Neurol 2017-001685.
- Dec 2016 Infratentorial superficial siderosis: Classification, diagnostic criteria, and rational investigation pathway. Wilson D, Chatterjee F, Farmer SF, Rudge P, McCarron MO, Cowley P, Werring DJ. Ann Neurol. 2016 Dec 26. doi: 10.1002/ana.24850. [Epub ahead of print]
- Aug 2016 Neuroimaging of Spinal Canal Stenosis. Cowley P. Magn Reson Imaging Clin N Am. 2016 Aug;24(3):523-39. doi: 10.1016/j.mric.2016.04.009. Review.
- Jan 2016 Acute encephalitis with abnormal liver function tests: question and answer. Merwick A, Cowley P, Ingle G. J Clin Neurosci. 2016 Jan;23:128, 169.
- Dec 2013 The common dementias: a pictorial review. Bhogal P1, Mahoney C, Graeme-Baker S, Roy A, Shah S, Fraioli F, Cowley P, Jäger HR. Eur Radiol. 2013 Dec;23(12):3405-17. doi: 10.1007/s00330-013-3005-9. Epub 2013 Oct 1.
- April 2013 Flow Diverters in the Anterior Circulation Charing Cross 35th Symposium: Book chapter. April 2013 Cowley & PlattsMar 2013 Subarachnoid haemorrhage as the presenting feature of lumbar spinal arteriovenous malformation. Nageshwaran S, Mullin S, Cowley P, Dorward N, Mort D, Weil RS. Pract Neurol. 2013 Mar 26. [Epub ahead of print]
- Nov 2012 Injecting epidural and intra-articular triamcinolone in HIV-positive patients on ritonavir: beware of iatrogenic Cushing's syndrome. Maviki M, Cowley P, Marmery H. Skeletal Radiol. 2012 Nov 15. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jul 2012 A case of florid intracerebral reaction to haematoma mimicking a tumour. Taiwo F, Cowley P, Shieff C, Galloway M, Murphy M. Br J Neurosurg. 2012 Jul 11. [Epub ahead of print]
- Jun 2012 Dural arteriovenous fistula of the medulla initially mimicking Guillain-Barré syndrome. Clark CN, Saifee TA, Cowley PO, Ginsberg L. Arch Neurol. 2012 Jun;69(6):786-7. doi: 10.1001/archneurol.2011.2934. No abstract available.
- Jan 2012 Skeletal muscle MRI magnetisation transfer ratio reflects clinical severity in peripheral neuropathies.Sinclair CD, Morrow JM, Miranda MA, Davagnanam I, Cowley PC, Mehta H, Hanna MG, Koltzenburg M, Yousry TA, Reilly MM, Thornton JS.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 2012 Jan;83(1):29-32. doi: 10.1136/jnnp.2011.246116. Epub 2011 May 25.
- Oct 10 MRI shows increased sciatic nerve cross sectional area in inherited and inflammatory neuropathies. C D J Sinclair, M A Miranda, P Cowley, J M Morrow, I Davagnanam, H Mehta, M G Hanna, M Koltzenburg, M M Reilly, T A Yousry, J S ThorntonJ Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry jnnp.2010.211334Published Online First: 22 October 2010
- Feb 10 Characteristic Appearances and Differential Diagnosis of Meningiomas: P Cowley; e-Brain, e-Learning for Health session.Sept 08 Pulsatile tinnitus from reversal of flow in an aberrant occipital artery: resolved after carotid artery stenting. Cowley, Jones, Tuch, McAuliffe. AJNR Am. J. Neuroradiol., May 2009; 30: 995 – 99