Dr Stephen Daw is a consultant paediatric and adolescent haemato-oncologist and specialises in treating children and young people with haematological malignancies. He has a particular interest in Hodgkin lymphoma and non-Hodgkin's lymphoma and is actively involved in clinical research. He runs a number of clinical trials locally at UCLH and nationally coordinates trials in Hodgkin lymphoma.
He is a member of several European steering groups developing future pan-European trials for Hodgkin lymphoma in young people. He sees patients privately in the Young Persons Unit, Harley Street at UCLH, as well as on the NHS.
- Adolescent cancer
- Hodgkin lymphoma
- Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma
- Management of relapsed and refractory classical Hodgkin lymphoma in children and adolescents. Daw S, Wynn R, Wallace H. British Journal of Haematology. 2011 Feb; 152(3):249-60.
- Pediatric Hodgkin Lymphoma. (Book Chapter) Hodgkin Lymphoma. (Springer) Hematologic Malignancies, 2011, 211-225, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-642-12780-914. Georgina Hall, Cindy Schwartz, Stephen Daw and Louis S. Constine.
- The Utility of End of Treatment FDG-PET Scanning in Paediatric and Adolescent Hodgkin Lymphoma: The Uk Experience of Patients in the HD2000 02 Trial. Daw,S. Hayward,J. Shankar,A. Wallace,WH. Hewitt,M. (2011) Pediatric BLOOD and CANCER, 56 (5) 881 - 881.
- Treatment Outcome After CVP Chemotherpay in Children and Adolescents with Early Stage Nodular Lymphocyte Predominant hodgkin Lymphoma [An Anglo-French report]. Shankar,A. Hall,G. Gorde-Grosjean,S. Leblanc,T. Hayward,J. Lambilliotte,A. McCarthy,K. Perel,Y. Daw,S. Lejars,O. Coulomb,A. Wallace,WH. Oberlin,O. Landman-Parker,J.(2011) Pediatric BLOOD and CANCER , 56 (5) 882 - 882.
- Avascular Necrosis of Bone in Adolescents with Classical Hodgkin Lymphoma - A Single Centre Experience. Boavida,P. Steward,M. Cooney,J. Punwani,S. Shankar,A. Humphries,P. Daw,S. (2011) Pediatric BLOOD and CANCER , 56 (5) 892 - 892.
- Pediatric and Adolescent Lymphoma: Comparison of Whole-Body STIR Half-Fourier RARE MR Imaging with an Enhanced PET/CT Reference for Initial Staging. Shonit Punwani, Stuart A. Taylor, Alan Bainbridge, Vineet Prakash, Steven Bandula, Enrico De Vita, Oystein E. Olsen, Sharon F. Hain, Nicola Stevens, Stephen Daw, Ananth Shankar, Jamshed B. Bomanji, Paul D. Humphries. April 2010 Radiology, 255, 182-190.
- Quantitative diffusion weighted MRI: a functional biomarker of nodal disease in Hodgkin lymphoma? Punwani S, Prakash V, Bainbridge A, Taylor SA, Bandula S, Olsen OE, Hain SF, Shankar A, Daw S, Humphries P. Cancer Biomark. 2010 Jan 1;7(4):249-59.
- Early treatment response assessment in Paediatric and Adolescent Hodgkin's Lymphoma: Comparison between MR derived Apparent Diffusion Coefficient (ADC) and PET Standardised Uptake Value (SUV).
- Punwani, S and Bandula, S and Prakash, V and Bainbridge, A and De Vita, E and Stevens, N and Taylor, SA and Hain, S and Daw, S and Shankar, A and Humphries, P (2009) In: (Proceedings) London School of Radiology.
- Outcome of children with nodular Lymphocyte Predominant Hodgkin’s lymphoma – A Children’s Cancer and Leukaemia Group report G. W. Hall, N. Katzilakis, C.R. Pinkerton, G. Nicolin, S. Ashley, Keith McCarthy, S.Daw, M. Hewitt, W. H. Wallace, A. Shankar. Br J Haematol; 38:761-8, 2007
- The Role of FDG PET CT in the Management of Paediatric and Adolescent Hodgkin’s Lymphoma – a Single Centre Experience. S Daw. Paediatric Blood and Cancer, 2005 Oct