BSC (Hons ) 1985
Bio Sci Leic Univ, BDS 1989
UCLH, FDS (RCSEng) 1993
GDC Specialist list 1999
FDS Paed dent Intercollegiate 2000
consultant posts : Beds and Luton Primary care Trust 2001, Guys hospital (Locum) 2002-3, UCLH- Eastman dental ( now RNENTED) 2003- present.
Private practice: Bedford 2000- 2013.
2003 - present honorary lecturer UCL
Courses- Lecturer Postgraduate certificate Dental sedation and Pain management in Dentistry and PG Masters in Paediatric dentistry ( Eastman CPD).
Committee member as British Society paediatric dentistry representative Intercollegiate advisory committee for sedation in dentistry 2011-present.
Anxious patients, inhalation sedation
- P. Anand, I. Holroyd. ‘Opinion: 2020 Vision – Children Services’ SAAD Digest 2020 36 :17. Standards for Conscious Sedation in the Provision of Dental Care: Report of the Intercollegiate Advisory Committee for Sedation in Dentistry. (V1.1 – 2020 report) (Committee member) available at: rcseng.ac.uk.
- Aspinall A, Lygidakis N, Holroyd I, Anand P Audit of inhalation and intravenous sedation in the Paediatric Dental department at the Eastman Dental Hospital SAAD digest 2017 33:70. Standards for Conscious Sedation in the Provision of Dental Care: Report of the Intercollegiate Advisory Committee for Sedation in Dentistry. (January 2015) (Committee member) available at: rcseng.ac.uk
- I. Holroyd ‘Intercollegiate Advisory Committee for Sedation in Dentistry. Review of the Guidelines published in April 2015’. Dental Update 2015 42: No.8 704-6.
- P. Coulthard, D.Craig, C.Holden, N.D Robb, M.Sury, S.Chopra, I.Holroyd Current UK dental sedation practice and the ‘National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) Guideline 112 Sedation in Children and Young people British dental Journal 2015; 2018: E14
- Independent Expert Group on Training Standards for Sedation in Dentistry. Advanced Conscious Sedation Techniques for Adult Dental Patients: Training Syllabus London: IEGTSSD; 2011 (Committee member)
- Independent Expert Group on Training Standards for Sedation in Dentistry. Advanced Conscious Sedation Techniques for Paediatric Dental Patients: Training Syllabus London: IEGTSSD; 2011 (Committee member) Available through SAAD website.
- N.Bhatt, I.Holroyd. “Generalised idiopathic root resorption. A case report”. International Journal Paediatric Dentistry 2008; 18: 146-153
- I.Holroyd. “Conscious sedation in paediatric dentistry. A short review of the current UK guidelines and the technique of inhalational sedation with nitrous oxide” Paediatric Anaesthesia 2008 18.13-17
- I.Holroyd. “Inhalation sedation with nitrous oxide in paediatric dentistry: a review” Dental Nursing March 2007 3 No.2 68-70
- I. Holroyd. “Conscious Sedation with Nitrous Oxide – A useful technique.” Dental Practice 2000 (June) :15-19.
- I. Holroyd, G.J.Roberts. “Inhalation Sedation with Nitrous Oxide – A Review” Dental Update 2000; 27: 141-146
- I Holroyd, KE Harley.“New patient referrals to a hospital dental department” Abstract International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 1999; 9: 83
- I. Holroyd, M. Dillon, G.J. Roberts. “Gorham’s Syndrome- A Case (including dental presentation) of Vanishing Bone disease” Oral Surgery, Oral Medicine, Oral Pathology, Oral Radiology and Endodontics 2000; 89: 125-9
- I.Holroyd, G.J.Roberts. Contribution to “Dental Phobia” BDA Factfile Editor: S Lindsay Institute of Psychiatry King’s College Hospital May 1998.
- I.Holroyd, D.C.Rule. “Adenomatoid Odontogenic Tumour in a 12 year old boy.” International Journal of Paediatric Dentistry 1997; 7: 101
- I. Holroyd, K.E.Harley. “Resin Retained Bridges - a provision analysis for paediatric patients” (1992-1994). British Society of Dental Research 1996 Abstract Conference supplement.
- I. Holroyd, Dr N. Lench, Professor G.B. Winte. “Amelogenesis imperfecta in Triplets - a Unique Family Record.” British Dental Journal 1995; 178: 465
- Professor G.B. Winter, J.R. Goodman, I. Holroyd. “Children are losing their teeth.” Letter BMJ 1993; 306:1544